Healthcare costs are rising, our population is aging, and there are far too few doctors and providers for a patient base that is widely distributed and frequently far from health care facilities and medical expertise.
Polycom helps close distance barriers by connecting patients, practitioners, specialists, and case managers utilizing collaborative standards-based video solutions for PCs and Tablets. Polycom connects the entire healthcare team so that they can communicate over video from anywhere to support patient centered care.
For telemedicine encounters, the Polycom Practitioner Cart HDX mobile healthcare solution, for patient side, sends live high definition video, audio, and PC images to a specialist. The specialist can connect to the cart from a distance using a standards based video conferencing system like Polycom’s desktop or mobile video solutions. With Polycom the specialist can control the far end camera, and share their PC content or browser-based applications with the patient.
You can grow very large telehealth networks with the Polycom RealPresence Platform which utilizes a standards based, scalable, open system approach. In addition to live point to point and multi-point video calls, it supports recording, archiving and web based video educational sessions for network members, and provides the resiliency and reliability needed in large video network deployments.
- Reduce unnecessary re-hospitalizations utilizing collaborative solutions from Polycom for case management, discharge planning and support of patients with chronic disease
- Enable live video collaboration between community health centers, hospitals, primary care physicians, specialists and patients
- Support Patient Centered Medical Home
- Deliver expertise at a distance for specialty services like TeleStroke, TeleMental Health, and Primary Care
- Support experts on the go with mobility solutions that bring video to their tablets, and iPhones.
- Utilize collaborative video for correctional telemedicine to avoid costly, unnecessary and risky prisoner transports to hospital
- Support multi-disciplinary teams over live video to deliberate, and confer on patient cases