Polycom is the global leader in standards-based unified communications (UC) solutions for telepresence, video, and voice powered by the Polycom RealPresence Platform.
The RealPresence Platform interoperates with the broadest range of business, mobile, and social applications and devices. Our support for the Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) on Polycom endpoints and infrastructure opens new possibilities for customers to join calls with non-standard Cisco telepresence systems.
Benefits of Polycom's support of Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP):
- Affordable interoperability – Polycom reduces your costs and complexity by eliminating the need for gateways and ongoing license fees
- Ease of use – Deploy Polycom RMX universal collaboration server and you can connect non-standard TIP systems to multiparty calls–simply dial into a video conference virtual meeting room
- Reliable, enterprise-quality collaboration – Polycom's virtualization management capabilities (Polycom DMA 7000) efficiently distribute your calls across massively scaled networks. Meanwhile, auto-failover protections ensure your video services remain available even if servers go down
- Investment Protection – Add standards-based Polycom video solutions that work seamlessly with your existing equipment
“This is a great win for anyone using video collaboration. Our support for TIP is freeing users of non-standard Cisco TelePresence® by allowing them to connect to millions of other standards-based video systems that are deployed worldwide”
– Sudhakar Ramakrishna, Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Polycom
Don't make your most important collaboration decisions based on history and short-term offers. Make an educated decision. Schedule a visit to a Polycom Experience Center, see the Polycom solutions in person, and have a meaningful discussion about your future collaboration plans. We'll help you examine the total costs involved in your solution decision and realize just how much a Polycom solution can save you.