Polycom was the first vendor to verify through the Cisco Developer Network program that our HD video personal and room systems were SIP interoperable with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). Now, with recent Polycom validated interoperability, you can add even more solutions from Polycom and Microsoft. With Polycom, you now have more choices to grow and transform your business with best-of-breed video, collaboration, and cloud-based innovations—and you can protect many of your Cisco investments as you go. That vexing Jabber vs. Lync decision point just got easier for Cisco customers wanting to keep Microsoft Lync as their preferred UC client.
Polycom offers solutions built on open-SIP interoperability—choices that don’t lock you in to a proprietary Cisco solution with proprietary SIP extensions:
- Polycom HDX solutions extend your video communications choices regardless of UC environment direction, whether it be Cisco or Microsoft
- Be heard more clearly with a wide range of Polycom conferencing room solutions
- Polycom VVX 1500 Business Media Phones support SIP phone calls, H.323 video calls, and applications in a single device
The Polycom RealPresence platform integrates your CUCM dial plans and adds multi-vendor integration opportunities:
- Blend your Cisco environment and Microsoft Lync with Polycom—a simpler solution architecture reduces complexity, network bandwidth, and operational costs—without additional gateways
- BYOD—add Polycom RealPresence Mobile and extend beyond the office and conference room to your favorite tablets and phones from Apple and Samsung
Say "NO" to proprietary vendor lock-in and keep your future choices open.